As a leader in the field of Commissioning Management, ECS appreciates the complexity of commissioning building services systems. As a commissioning consultancy, ECS is typically engaged on a project as the GBCA Independent Commissioning Agent (ICA) or the USGBC LEED Commissioning Authority (CxA), allowing employees to contribute to the application of best practice Green Building Standards and Processes to new build or fitout projects across a variety of market sectors including commercial office, mission critical, transport & hotels.
Commissioning Engineers within ECS are largely involved in the development, management, execution and reporting of site-based testing and commissioning activities such that the client has the confidence and confirmation that best practices are being implemented throughout Design, Construction, Commissioning, and Operation.
ECS recognises that every one of our graduates is unique, and your development is essential to your success.
The ECS Graduate Program offers you as a graduate a comprehensive development program with ongoing technical training and continuous professional development. This ensures you will receive all the necessary post-graduate training to optimise your opportunities for career development and growth.
Engineering Commissioning Services (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading firm of consulting commissioning engineers/managers with a global presence. Engineering Commissioning Services (ECS) is an industry leader offering commissioning services to the Built Environment. We work on iconic projects in diverse and challenging fields. A career at ECS offers many opportunities. We understand to attract the best, we must be the best. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging work and career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful projects. Read more about ECS here.
ECS is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities
ECS embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
Working under the guidance and mentorship of a commissioning manager the Graduate Project Engineer assists and supports the delivery of a range of projects on behalf of ECS’s clients. A graduate engineer is required to develop knowledge and competencies required to perform independent work.
The successful candidate will gain experience in not just your technical skills but also receive training in your communications and management skills. You will have a chance to work on projects ranging from fast paced, inner city developments to multi month infrastructure projects that improve the lives of everyone associated with it. You will need to be inquisitive, and demonstrate an eagerness to develop skills, acquire knowledge, and gain a breadth and depth of experience.
As a graduate on our Program, you will be challenged and offered unique opportunities to:
- Learn and excel in your day-to-day responsibilities
- Be involved in work-based team activities
- Grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture
- Engage and be mentored with exceptional leaders.
You will experience a program that offers:
- Structured development workshops
- Rotations through various engineering disciplines
- Potential international rotations
- Internal Development Opportunities
- Online Learning Platform
- The opportunity to lead community projects supporting various charities
- The support of exceptional mentors and leaders.
Graduate Development Program
Engineering Commissioning Services’ Graduate Program will equip you as a graduate engineer with the knowledge and skills to build your career.
Commencing your engineering career with ECS means that you will become part of a unique international team of commissioning managers. As a graduate you will have the prospect of working with a team that designs landmark developments, propose to international panels of construction practitioners, and work on-site with a team of engineers, contractors and tradespeople.
ECS recognises you are unique and your development is essential to your success and future growth.
As an ECS graduate, we offer you a comprehensive two-year development program. Focused development activities will give you an opportunity to build the skills and knowledge essential for a successful career as a consultant engineer.
A Graduate Role at ECS
You will be a graduate who will thrive in a collaborative team and can readily demonstrate your problem solving and time management skills. You will be working in a role with real responsibilities within your first few weeks. You’ll get opportunities to work on ground-breaking projects while being exposed to a variety of challenges. As a ECS Graduate, you will gain hands-on practical experience and on-the-job-training while being supported by experienced, talented senior commissioning managers.
To be considered for this sought-after opportunity you will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills (demonstrated through part time/casual work)
- Flexible attitude and ability to work with various people across the industry
- Committed to learning and eager to take on new challenges
- Drive to succeed and high energy levels
- Ability to demonstrate the following Values: Excellence, Leadership, Integrity
- Collaboration, Accountability & Ownership, Innovation.
What we require from successful graduates
As a successful graduate, you will be passionate, ambitious and ready to start your career as a project engineer. You will be able to communicate effectively as your role will require you to engage and collaborate readily with various stakeholders. You will be able to be relied upon, accountable and responsible.
As an ECS graduate, you will thrive on developing your consultative skills that will complement your technical expertise.
You will have demonstrated your ability to balance work and involvement in other activities that you are passionate about (ie sports, clubs, volunteering).
Qualifications and Certifications
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline relevant to the role, e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
If you like what you have read, meet our criteria and would like a career as a Project Engineer, please email your CV, a cover letter and your academic transcript to Sonam Pratap at S.Pratap@ndy.com. Previous unsuccessful applicants need not apply.
Please put “ECS Graduate Program 2023 – Sydney” as the email subject title.