Engineering Commissioning Services (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading firm of consulting commissioning engineers/managers with a global presence. Engineering Commissioning Services (ECS) is an industry leader offering commissioning services to the Built Environment. We work on iconic projects in diverse and challenging fields. A career at ECS offers many opportunities. We understand to attract the best, we must be the best. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging work and career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful projects. Read more about ECS here.
ECS is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities
ECS embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
We are looking for a Senior Commissioning Manager to join our team in Melbourne, providing a full range of commissioning solutions for building services, typically in an Independent Commissioning Agent, Commissioning Authority, or Independent Commissioning Manager capacity. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments, mission critical facilities and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
Reporting to the State Manager you will use your experience and technical skills to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of commissioning projects whilst liaising with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders. As a confident communicator who is capable and driven to develop new and existing relationships, you will work with like-minded individuals who are flexible in their approach to challenges, motivated and share the ability to think laterally in delivering smart technical solutions to our clients.
This role may suit Commissioning or Services Managers from a main contractor background, Commissioning Project Engineers or Project Managers from a sub-contractor background or Electrical Engineering Consultants with demonstrated experience within construction and commissioning.
Amongst other duties and responsibilities, this role will involve the following:
- Take a leading role on projects, assist with business development locally and help more junior members of the group to grow
- Review of the basis of services design and the design intent to provide advice/comment to design teams on items that may impact on commissioning
- Understand the requirements and intent of the CIBSE Commissioning Codes, BSRIA Application Guides, ASHRAE Guidelines, and other relevant commissioning codes and guidelines
- Understand the requirements and intent of the commissioning documentation required for Sustainability – Green Star, WELL, LEED & NABERS
- Review and comment/assist with the development of contractors manuals & test procedures
- Coordinate with the client, design team and contractor throughout the commissioning, testing and adjustment phases, experience in building tuning and delivery of the project through the DLP will be preferred
- Be able to clearly communicate commissioning requirements with contractors.
Ideally you will have:
- At least 8+ years experience across the full project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an Advanced Diploma of Engineering combined with Trade Qualifications
- Experience working in a construction environment onsite
- Strong project leadership, commercial management skills
- Strong understanding of project stages and delivery methods
- Preferred technical experience includes Design, Management or Execution of Electrical Building Services Scopes including:
- LV Power Distribution & Power Generation (Switchboards, Metering, Generator & Fuel Systems, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Solar PV)
- Lighting Control
- Structured Cabling & Communications, Security
- Beneficial technical experience:
- High Voltage Systems & SCADA
- Integrated Communications Networks
- Fire Detection Services
- ESD Standards – Green Star, LEED, NABERS
- Preferred project experience
- Varied Market Sectors such as Mission Critical, Health, Commercial Office, Defence, Correctional
- Building tuning and delivery of the project through the DLP.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Individual bonus scheme
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible working environment
- Discounted health insurance
- Subsidised health and fitness memberships
- Training and Development
Training and Development
ECS has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line as “Senior Electrical Commissioning Manager – Melbourne”
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.