1 Bligh Street encompasses cutting-edge innovations that achieve first-class sustainability credentials. The building is a premium grade high rise office building located in the heart of the Sydney’s CBD with prime views of Sydney Harbour. Providing over 42800m2 NLA of office space over 27 floors, the building also includes a dedicated child care facility on the Lower Ground floor. It was designed for and achieved a 6 Star Green Star Office Design (v2) rating and is targeting a 5 star NABERS Office Energy rating.
1 Bligh Street showcases many sustainable features, including onsite blackwater recycling; rainwater recycling, tri-generation and solar thermal collection to reduce peak and annual energy consumption; a large, full height naturally ventilated internal atrium; and underfloor heating.
Engaged as the Independent Commissioning Agent (ICA), the commissioning management team took a holistic approach to the role providing various services, such as:
- developing a commissioning plan.
- reviewing the design and contractor design documentation for commissionability aspects.
- introducing commissioning strategies early in the project for incorporation and adaptation by the contractors.
- directing and coordinating the commissioning process through input and liaison with the main contractor and the services contractors.
- providing input and feedback on contractor’s commissioning.
- methodologies and commissioning manuals across all building services.
- regular site witnessing of the systems commissioning as required by Green Star.
- facilitation of regular commissioning meetings to track commissioning progress, highlighting any issues, tracking resolution of such issues and forecasting of systems tests.
- introducing and endorsing Integrated Systems Testing (IST) as required to verify the interaction and robustness of systems in realistic failure scenarios.
- providing a final commissioning report.
- assistance and input in the 12 month building tuning process.
The 1 Bligh Street project is currently in the building tuning phase and we are providing assistance and feedback accordingly as part of our on-going involvement in the building tuning 12 month period following practical completion.
Engineering Commissioning Services is an independent commissioning management enterprise established by the NDY group. NDY was the Independent Technical Reviewer for Green Star and Independent Commissioning Agent for the development of 1 Bligh Street.